JOB APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE
As part of any recruitment process, Bluetree Group collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Bluetree Group collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- information about your entitlement to work in the
- Bluetree Group may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that we are doing so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
WHY DOES BLUETREE GROUP PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
We need to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations. For example, it is mandatory to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
Bluetree Group has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
You may also supply us with Sensitive Personal Data including but not limited to data relating to your racial or ethnic origin, religious or similar beliefs, physical or mental health and sexual
orientation by completing our equal opportunities monitoring form. This information is gathered for equality of opportunity monitoring purposes. The provision of such Sensitive Personal Data by you is entirely voluntary.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO DATA?
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. We will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you, employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks.
HOW DOES BLUETREE GROUP PROTECT DATA?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
FOR HOW LONG DOES BLUETREE GROUP KEEP DATA?
If your application is unsuccessful, Bluetree Group may keep your personal data on file for a period of 6 months. All information is stored securely and all data submitted by unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed responsibly after 6 months from the date of your interview. You can request for us to delete your data at any time by contacting us at DPO@bluetreegroup. co.uk.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your Human Resources file (electronic and paper based) and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where Bluetree Group is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for
- If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at DPO@bluetreegroup.co.uk
- If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
WHAT IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Bluetree Group during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.